Our enviromental mission - for a greener future!
The Random Agency and its staff are on an eco-mission, we are committed to the helping the environment and have taken steps to reduce our carbon footprint. With the drastic climate changes affecting our planet, we decided as a company to take our environmental policy very seriously. Our ultimate aim is to go beyond becoming a zero emission company in the hope that our actions can also help to negate some of the emissions of our community around us as well as our own.
We wholly support and comply with the requirements set out by current environmental legislation and codes of practice. We’ve also identified the activities we perform on a day-to-day basis where we can make the most difference.
We have developed a strategy for our new premises-to-be so that we can measure, assess and improve our efforts to reduce pollution, emissions and waste that we cause (from our hardware purchases through to the paper we use in our proposals and our invoices). We’re also very proud to say that our team is incredibly aware of environmental issues, and this is why our policy was researched and drafted by them rather than at board level.
We’ve learnt a thing or two about the things we’re doing right, and where we could be doing better. We’ve listed some basics below:
- Printing on both sides of the paper we use where possible
- Switching to recycled paper for our proposals
- Ensuring we turn our machines and monitors off (rather than leaving them on standby overnight)
- Using more energy efficient lighting
- Minimising our use of air-conditioning
- Basing ourselves centrally so that our team can walk or cycle to work
- Using public transport wherever appropriate for meetings
- Buying locally wherever possible
- Purchasing energy-efficient hardware and equipment, continuing with our upgrade policy on existing equipment
- Invoicing electronically as much as possible
- Recycling the waste that we produce where possible
We do love our planet and whilst we’re just one link in many supply chains, we’re committed to doing our bit alongside many millions of other responsible businesses.